Wifi Ceiling Speaker
Setup & Use
+ How easy are the speakers to setup?
Our WiFi speakers need to be setup by pairing the device via Airplay for IOS devices and via SACS mode for Android, setup is within 30 seconds. As simple as that...download our app via app store or google play store.
+ How can I change the password to protect the speakers?
The speakers are locked within your home network so others cannot access the speakers without having access to your network key.
+ Do additional users of the speaker need to setup bluetooth to connect ?
Yes if they want to play multiroom. No app required for IOS devices can connect one to one via airplay. To connect to the speakers, setup the speakers first, then additonal users install the app on the same netwrok and the speakers shall appear.
+ Can the WiFi speakers be used in the bathroom?
We shall be launching a bathroom rated version model LWF/IP IP44 rated for bathroom use in a few months. Do not place speaker directly above shower unit, bath, sinks or radiators.
+ How to disable the flashing Blue/Red light?
This cannot be disabled, within the box, a black round sticker is supplied for this very purpose, place the sticker over the led light. All solved no more flashing light.
+ How to connect Amazon Echo Dot to WiFi speaker?
There are 2 ways to do this either by hard wire via RCA connection on the speaker or via Alexa Skill(Coming Soon)Firmware update to follow.
- To connect via hard wire, connect a 2 x RCA to 3.5mm audio jack into speaker and 3.5mm jack into Echo, to play directly and selct via source within the app AUX in, turn ON to activate. Its a simple as that, you're all set to play via voice control. "Alexa, Play Bruno Mars on Spotify"
+ Where do I download the app?
The Lithe Audio app is free to download please click here
+ What size hole do I need to cut in the ceiling?
A 210mm diameter hole is required to fit the ceiling speaker, a cutting template is supplied within the box as a guide to cutting.
+ What is the depth required of the Bluetooth ceiling speakers?
The depth required is 94mm, approx 3.7".
+ Are the WiFi speakers easy to wire to mains supply?
Yes, you can connect the power supply via the supplied plug into a main socket OR connect to lighting circuit either existing ceiling rose or junction box by wiring in a single plug socket or terminating the plug to a fused spur, with an 3A rated fuse.
(Make sure that the live is not connected to the switched Live otherwise the speakers will only become active when switching on lights)
All electrical wiring must be done by a qualified electrician or similarly qualified person. Instructions enclosed within the box advise how to fit the speaker, if unsure seek a qualified electrician to avoid damage to the product and for your safety.
+ Do the speakers need to be connected to separate amplifier?
The speaker requires NO additional amplifiers, router, controllers, mainframes, all you need is within the box. Saving you space and money, Just connect power.
+ Does the additional passive speaker need wiring?
Yes, the passive slave speaker needs connecting to the master WiFi ceiling speaker, if purchased as a pair, 5m length of speaker cable is supplied. Ensure the speaker cable "+" and "-" are connected to the back of the master and slave speaker posts correctly.
+ Do I need a speaker fire hood fitted?
Yes, to meet building regulations and for your peace of mind we always insist on this, as per instructions, consult your electrican for further details. We sell these on our website and are simple to install.
+ Why do speakers connection keep disconnecting?
There a number of reasons why the WiFi connection is disconnecting here are the most common:
- Interference from other devices operating within 2.4GHz or 5 GHz band. Such as Microwaves, cameras, LCD displays, etc..
- Too many apps open within your device, causing interuptions to service, close down unused apps.
- Dead spots in your WiFi.
- Low battery on your device, charge your device
Obstructions between router and speaker such as:
Low interference: Wood, Glass Medium interference: Bricks, Marble High interference: Plaster, Concrete, Metal
To reduce the number of disconnections please try:
- Adding WiFi signal reeaters or booster to improve WiFi strength
- Download an app ARSignalMaster this will show you where you have signal loss.
- Update device firmware if available
+ My device won't connect to WiFi speaker?
There a number of fixes you can try:
- Check the power to the speaker is turned on, standby red light should flash. If not check connection and try again.
- Goto Settings>Wi-Fi and make sure your network is the same as the speaker when setup if turned off turn Wi-Fi ON.
- Toggle WiFi on and off, to refresh connection.
- Try a hard reset, Press and hold sleep/wake button and home button at the same time, wait for a few seconds for device to reboot.
+ My speaker is making a humming noise?
Please check the following:
- Have you connected an RCA cable into the speaker from a source such as TV, if so the noise is coming from the cable, have you a shielded cable, if not, suggest buying a ground loop isolator to suppress the noise from the cable (easy to retro fit).
+ My product is not working but within guarantee period, what happens now?
Please contact us before sending the product back for a returns number, upon receipt of the product, we shall test and repair if faulty, if un-repairable a replacement shall be sent within 7 working days.
+ How long are Litheaudio WiFi speakers guaranteed for?
Our products come with a 2 year guarantee from date of purchase.
+ What is covered by the free guarantee?
Repair or replacement of your Litheaudio Speaker (at LitheAudio descretion). For full information and terms and conditions, please see our terms and conditions.
+ What is not covered by the LitheAudio guarantee?
There are some circumstances that are not covered by a LitheAudio guarantee. These include accidental damage, misuse and repairs or alterations carried out by 3rd parties other than LitheAudio. For full details of what is not covered, please see our terms and conditions.